Sunday 7 March 2010

Let's go riders, let's go

Besides snowboarding, skiing and curling, the Canadians go crazy for ice hockey. Here in Fernie the local team, the Ghostriders, are pretty successful and most of their players enjoy a fight so every Friday night we drink beer and watch the hockey like true Canadians. And whilst the Ghostriders progress through to the next stage of the playoffs, I'm experiencing less success with my snowboarding...

With level 1 now out of the way we're well into the AMP part of the course which is allowing us to ride around with less emphasis on perfect technique. But whilst the rest of my AMP group grow in confidence and ability I frustratingly find that my development has stagnated.

With the recent lack of improvement on the slopes and 11 days of riding ahead of me I decide to let my hair down and go for a couple of beers out in Fernie with a few friends...I awake the next morning with a sore head, a hazy memory, an empty wallet and a Yagerbomb taste in my mouth. I have vague recollections of some of the bars, but don't really remember who I spoke to (hope I wasn't too obnoxious). Fortunately I am greeted by my housemates with laughter and anecdotes about my funny behaviour at the party (...party?)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.