Friday 4 December 2009

Wheelies, wassail & wine tasting

It snowed! Not heavily, but enough for me to experience riding fresh powder. I've also discovered the joy of carving. Carving requires balancing on one edge of your board and allowing the curvature of the board to steer you across the mountain (clearly the picture is not of me carving, but executing an intentional wheelie...honestly!). I suppose carving could be compared to freewheeling on a bicycle and is surprisingly fun.

Every year the shops along Main Street, Frisco host a wine tasting evening for their customers and having signed up to some yoga classes I receive an invite to this event. Having attended a one day wine tasting course a couple of years ago I feel suitably qualified to reel-off a customary list of adjectives (oaky; fruity; erm...tannins; etc.) to describe every wine. A Pinot Noir, a Cab, a Syrah and a Sangiovese later and I'm feeling a bit light-headed (probably the altitude!) so decide to call it a night.

In addition to the wine tasting, 5th to 13th December are the Frisco Wassail days http://www.townoffrisco.com/events/wassail-days/ where the shops in Frisco produce batches of wassail (a warm, spiced cider) for customers to sample and vote for their favourite. Unfortunately only one vote is permitted per person so it looks like, over the next week, I'll be taking on a number of aliases.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.